In False Alarm, Bjorn Lomborg examines how climate change panic costs us trillions, hurts the poor, and fails to fix the planet
In False Alarm, Bjorn Lomborg examines how climate change panic costs us trillions, hurts the poor, and fails to fix the planet. This is a divisive book and even had us as hosts disagreeing on subjects.
Bjorn Lomborg proposes to debunk the myths and hype surrounding climate change, revealing the true costs and benefits of our response to this global challenge. Lomborg argues that our current approach to climate change is doing more harm than good, and offers a bold and pragmatic alternative that puts the world's poor first.
This book is worth understanding and reading as healthy skepticism is always valuable. Of course, the book itself is worth some skepticism which you can definitely find in this episode.
- - -
Contact the hosts
- - -
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:09 Our take on the book
- 02:38 Short summary of the book
- 06:09 Nico's perspective
- 09:36 Positives about the book
- 13:22 When was the best time to be born?
- 15:16 Critiques on the book
- 21:26 Warnings
- 23:15 If you read this book 20 years ago, how would it have changed your life?
- 24:57 What business would you start based on the principles of this book?
- 29:37 Who would you gift the book and why?
- 31:42 Outro - the 3 body prob
Don't Forget to leave a comment on this episode
See podvine.com/privacy-policy for podcast listener privacy info.