If Our Bodies Could Talk: A Guide to Operating and Maintaining a Human Body
by James Hamblin
Doctor turned journalist
Launched a series of videos for the atlantic in 2014
explores the human stories behind health questions that never seem to go away—and which tend to be mischaracterized and oversimplified by marketing and news media.
He covers topics like:
• Can I “boost” my immune system?
• Does caffeine make me live longer?
• Do we still not know if cell phones cause cancer?
• How much sleep do I actually need?
• Is there any harm in taking a multivitamin?
• Is life long enough?
In considering these questions, Hamblin draws from his own medical training as well from hundreds of interviews with distinguished scientists and medical practitioners.
Tries to provide accessible, engaging, socially contextualized, up-to-the-moment answers.