The Hard thing about hard things
A valuable book for tech entrepreneurs, The Hard thing about hard things helps throw light at the challenges a CEO goes through.
Ben Horowitz launched Loudcloud in 1999, just before the dotcom bubble. Their company offers enterprise SaaS to tech clients. Then the trouble began
- Because of the dotcom bubble, many of their customers went out of business
- Had to IPO to survive, during hard times
- After going public, they pivoted to become OPSware, a radically different business
- They got threatened to delist from NASDAQ
- They had mass employee revolts
In the end, he sold OPSware for 1,6B to HP
Host rating of 'The Hard thing about hard things'
If you enjoyed the podcast please subscribe and rate it. And of course, share with your friends!