Venture Deals by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson
Ever thought about getting investments for your startup? Ever thought about investing in a startup?
Whether you are an entrepreneur, an investor, a lawyer or just a stakeholder in the venture capital market, this book is for you!
In it, renowned investor Brad Feld addresses some topics within the Venture Capital ecosystem, explaining in a practical and didactic way how things work. You'll understand a bit more about raising money, how to get away from some legal issues, who are the top players in VC deals, and how to deal with investors.
The entire book is laid out into chapters that can be read independent of each other.
- The Players
- How to Raise Money
- Overview of the Term Sheet
- Economic Terms of the Term Sheet
- Control Terms of the Term Sheet
- Other Terms of the Term Sheet
- The Cap Table
- How Venture Capital Funds Work
- Negotiation Tactics
- Raising Money the Right Way
- Issues at Different Financing Stages
- Letters of Intent- The other Term Sheet
- Legal Things Every Entrepreneur Should Know
- Don’t get intoxicated by fundraising
- Don’t make the mistake of thinking investment is success
- Remember that revenue is the goal of your business and it’s the best form of capital.
The book is filled with lots of other amazing advice. Go pick up a copy.
About the author
Brad Feld and Jason Mendelsom are venture capitalists
BRAD FELD has been an early stage investor and entrepreneur for over thirty years. Prior to cofounding Foundry Group, he cofounded Mobius Venture Capital and Intensity Ventures. He is also a cofounder of Techstars.
JASON MENDELSON has over twenty years experience in the venture capital and technology industries in a multitude of investing, legal, and operational roles. Prior to cofounding Foundry Group, Jason was a Managing Director and General Counsel for Mobius Venture Capital. He is also a cofounder of SRS/Acquiom.
Host rating for 'Hooked'
If you enjoyed the podcast please subscribe and rate it. And of course, share with your friends!